This article helps troubleshoot charging issues on your Kyocera Hydro Reach
You may have charging issues if your Kyocera Hydro Reach
- Doesn't charge
- Charges slowly
Try each of these steps if your phone has charging issues.
Verify that your phone charging port is not damaged.
- Carefully inspect your phone to be sure it's not overheating, swollen or damaged.
- Carefully inspect your phone's charging port and remove any debris.
Caution: If your phone is damaged, do not complete the remaining steps in this guide. please select your provider to contact Customer Care:
Verify that your Kyocera Hydro Reach can power on.
- Turn your phone on.
- If your Kyocera Hydro Reach does not turn on, please contact Customer Care.
Verify that your charger is working properly.
Note: You risk severe damage to your phone if the charger isn't the same voltage, amps, and plug type as your original charger. You can purchase compatible chargers on www.Boostmobile.com or VirginMobileUSA.com.
- Connect your phone to your charger.
- From the home screen, tap Boost Zone (Boost) or My Account (Virgin Mobile).
- Swipe to the left to open Device Diagnostics.
- Tap Battery Status.
- Verify that the battery status is Charging.
Verify that your Kyocera Hydro Reach is running the most recent software.
- In Boost Zone (Boost) or My Account (Virgin Mobile), swipe to the left to open Device Diagnostics.
- Tap System Updates.
- Tap Device Software.
- Tap CHECK FOR UPDATE.
- If an update is available, follow the prompts to install.
Safely remove your SD card.
- From the home screen, tap Apps.
- Scroll to and tap Settings.
- Tap Storage.
- Scroll to and tap Unmount SD card.
- Tap OK.
- Turn your phone off.
- Remove the battery cover.
- Remove the SD card.
- Replace the battery cover.
- Turn your phone back on.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset restarts your phone and does not erase any of your content or data.
- Press and hold the Power key until the phone turns off.
- The phone will restart automatically.
If you're still having issues, please troubleshoot battery life or select your provider to contact Customer Care: