This article helps troubleshoot charging issues on your Samsung Galaxy S II 4G.
You may have charging issues if your Samsung Galaxy S® II 4G:
- Doesn't charge
- Charges slowly
Try each of these steps if your phone has charging issues.
Verify that your phone, charging port, and battery contacts are not damaged.
- Carefully inspect your phone to be sure it's not overheating, swollen or damaged.
- Carefully inspect your phone's charging port and remove any debris.
- Remove the battery.
- Carefully inspect and clean the gold contacts using a cotton swab or dry soft cloth.
Caution: If your phone is damaged, do not complete the remaining steps in this guide. Please contact Virgin Mobile Customer Care.
Verify that your Samsung Galaxy S II 4G can power on.
- Turn your phone on.
Verify that your charger is working.
Note: You risk severe damage to your phone if the charger isn't the same voltage, amps, and plug type as your original charger. You can purchase compatible chargers on www.virginmobileusa.com.
- Connect your phone to your charger.
- From the home screen, tap the Applications icon.
- Scroll to and tap My Account.
- Tap My Device.
- Tap Dashboard.
- Tap Battery Status.
- Verify that the Battery Status is Charging.
Verify that your Samsung Galaxy S II 4G is running the most recent software.
- From Dashboard in My Account, tap System Updates.
- Tap Device Software.
- Tap Check now.
- If an update is available, follow the prompts to install.
Safely remove your SD card.
- From the home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap Storage.
- Scroll to and tap Unmount SD card.
- Tap OK.
- Remove the battery cover.
- Remove the SD card.
- Replace the battery cover.
Perform a soft reset.
A soft reset restarts your phone and does not erase any of your content or data.
- Turn your phone off.
- Remove the battery. After 10 seconds, reinsert the battery.
- Turn your phone back on.
If you're still having issues, troubleshoot battery life or contact Virgin Mobile Customer Care.