This article helps you troubleshoot battery life issues on your HTC EVO V 4G.
You may have battery issues if:
- Your HTC EVO™ V 4G consistently displays a low charge
- The battery drains quickly
Try each of these steps to see if it helps your charge last longer.
Close or uninstall applications to improve battery life.
- Some apps run in the background when you are not using them.
- Also, some apps consume more energy than others.
- Some apps come pre-loaded on your phone and you can't uninstall them.
- From the Settings screen, tap Apps.
- Tap the All tab or Running tab.
- Tap the application you want to close or uninstall.
- Close (turn off) an application: Stop, then tap OK.
- Uninstall (remove from phone) an application: Tap Uninstall, and then OK.
Verify that your HTC EVO V 4G is running the most recent software.
- From the Settings screen, scroll to and tap System updates.
- Tap HTC software update.
- Tap Check now.
- If an update is available, follow the prompts to install.
Safely remove your SD card.
- From the home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap Storage.
- Scroll to and tap Unmount SD card.
- Tap OK.
- Turn your phone off.
- Remove the battery.
- Remove the SD card.
- Reinsert the battery.
- Turn your phone back on.
Verify that your charger is working.
Note: You risk severe damage to your phone if the charger isn't the same voltage, amps, and plug type as your original charger. You can purchase compatible chargers on www.virginmobileusa.com.
- Connect your phone to your charger.
- In Settings, tap Power.
- Verify that the Battery Status is Charging.
If you still have a battery issue, review these FAQs or contact Virgin Mobile Customer Care.