This article helps troubleshoot mobile hotspot issues on your alcatel Dawn
You may have mobile hotspot issues if you:
- See Error 67 on your alcatel Dawn™
- Can't connect another device to your alcatel Dawn mobile hotspot
- Connect to the mobile hotspot but can't browse
These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause. After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed. If not, continue to the next step.
Verify you've enabled and set up mobile hotspot on your alcatel Dawn.
Turn Wi-Fi hotspot on.
Set up Wi-Fi hotspot.
Verify mobile data is enabled.
- From the home screen, tap the All Apps icon.
- Scroll to and tap Settings.
- Tap Data usage.
- If needed, tap to enable Cellular data.
Verify your alcatel Dawn is connected to the Nationwide Sprint 4G LTE Network using Boost Zone (Boost) or My Account (Virgin Mobile).
- From the home screen, tap Boost Zone (Boost) or My Account (Virgin Mobile).
- Swipe to the left to open Device Diagnostics.
- Look for Network:
- Network is in the Passed section: Your phone is connected to the Nationwide Sprint 4G LTE Network.
- Network is in the Failed or Flagged section: Update the Data Profile.
- From Device Diagnostics, tap Network.
- Tap Update Profile.
- After the update is complete, tap OK.
Verify your subscription has an active mobile hotspot add-on.
Log in to your www.Boostmobile.com or VirginMobileUSA.com account verify the add-on is active on the subscription.
Without the hotspot add-on, you can't share your phone mobile hotspot with other devices.
Reset your connection to the Nationwide Sprint 4G LTE Network.
Note: Resetting your connection does not erase any of your content or data.
- From the home screen, tap the Phone icon.
- Tap the Keypad button.
- Dial ##72786#.
- Tap Yes. Your phone will restart.
- After it restarts, your phone automatically starts Hands Free Activation.
- After Hands Free Activation completes, your phone is ready to be used.
Note: To optimize device performance, be sure your alcatel Dawn is running the most recent device software. Check for software updates.
If you're still having issues, please select your provider to contact Customer Care: